Powerloom Development & Export Promotion Council (PDEXCIL) is set up by the Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India in the year 1995. The Council has been registered under Section 25 of The Companies Act, 1956, having its Registered Head Office at Mumbai, Maharashtra & Regional Office at Erode, Tamil Nadu.
The main objectives of the PDEXCIL is to promote, support, develop, advance and increase powerlooms and export of Powerloom fabrics and made-ups thereof and to carry out any such activity in such manner as may be necessary or expedient.
- Participation in the international textile exhibitions under various schmes of Govt. of India, like MDA and MAI at subsidies charges.
- Gathering market information, survey, dissemination of trade enquiries, giving information about the latest development in the export front, latest notifications, circulars etc.
- Taking up various issues/causes of powerloom sector with relevant authorities.
- PDEXCIL organizes Buyer Seller Meet jointly with the office of the Textile Commissioner at different locations in India for promotion of powerloom fabrics and made ups at vary nominal participation charges.
- Organizing various training programmes/workshops/seminars to educate the Entrepreneurs on various business related issues and promotion of various schemes of Govt. of India like GIS, ISPSD, and TUFS etc.
- PDEXCIL publishes Newsletter, to disseminate valuable market information & other information
- PDEXCIL with financial assistance from Government of India has also established Design Studio at Erode for providing training and filling the skill gap in the industry.
- PDEXCIL through its regional office in Erode is conducting skill developing training programme under ISDS and has now entered in the main phase of the scheme